- This event has passed.
Kagwerks Long Range Precision
April 3 - April 4$750
2-DAY LONG RANGE PRECISION COURSE
This two day course is a mix of classroom instruction and on the range application. Students will be guided through carefully designed curriculum and drills to build a foundation of core skills required for progression.
Precision Rifle I covers rifle and scope selection based on the students application and budget. Students will receive an in depth rifle setup and maintenance block of instruction to ensure each student understands the nuances of their firearm to troubleshoot issues should they arise. Cadre will thoroughly explain MOA and Mil reticle systems and how to utilize them in both first and second focal plane optics. An introduction to ballistics class will teach students what affects bullet flight, and how to compensate for these variables, such as wind. Cadre will closely observe each shooter’s ability to demonstrate proficiency before advancing to the next learning objective.
This introductory class will be presented in an environment conducive to learning regardless of preferred learning style.
In the classroom and on the range, our approachable cadre remain flexible and able to accommodate each student’s rate of progression.
Provides the knowledge and core skills required for the next training evolution. The primary objectives of Day 1 is proper equipment setup and application of fundamentals resulting in consistent 1 MOA groups or better at 100 yards.
Students begin engaging targets out to 1,000 yards applying the instruction they have received. Cadre will provide oversight and provide guidance with wind and elevation corrections to maximize the amount of quality practical application.
- Semi-automatic or boot action rifle of one minute of angle (MOA) accuracy
- 6.5 Creedmoor, .260 Rem, .308 Win, .300 Win Mag (ask about other calibers)
- Ammunition magazines
- Bipods able to be attached to the rifle
- Rifle case or bag
- Gear pack
- Scope (at least 10x) with adjustable turrets
- Mil or MOA reticle (ask about other reticles)
- Finger adjustable windage and elevation knobs with definite ‘clicks’
- 100 rounds of ammunition per day
- Same ammunition manufacturer, lot number, bullet weight, etc. (recommended)
- No armor piercing, steel jacketed, bi-metal, steel core, tracer, or incendiary bullets
- Shoot Platform/support
- Rear bag/sand sock
- Shoot pack
- No rifle cradles or vices
- Rifle maintenance kit (specific to your rifle, mounts, rings and scope)
- Torx and/or allen head wrenches
- Torque wrench
- Lubrications and solvents
- Coated cleaning rod and bore guide, jags, patches, and boresnake
- Optics lens brush, lens paper, lens cleaning solution
- Pen, pencil, highlighter, sharpie
- Eye protection (tinted and clear lenses recommended)
- Ear protections (electronic over ear protection recommended)
- Weather appropriate footwear/clothing
- Hydration source
- Optional Equipment
- Spotting scope with tripod
- Laser rangefinder
- Wind meter (Kestrel)
- Ballistic calculator (ask for recommended smartphone apps)
- MilDot Master
- Shooting Mat
- Hat with brim
- Knee and elbow Pads
- Bug repellent
- Lip balm